Dear Meetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. Organizers
A favorite moment in all WordPress meetups Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. is that time when you meet new WordPress users and hear their stories of how they use WordPress. Sometimes it’s a simple blog, sometimes it’s a complex content management system for news, or a mid sized e-commerce site for their local store front. Whatever the story, it’s always fascinating.
We would like your help in sharing those stories with the WordPress community.
Can you take a few moments to record a video testimonial with one of the attendees at each of your meetups? Nothing fancy, no special cameras, microphones or glaring lights. Just a camera phone and a good, honest story that will inspire others as they search for how to use WordPress for their own projects.
Let’s do this in March and April, folks. WordCamps count, too.
As Dave Navarro says, impromptu videos are best.
“I work for a TV and Radio station in the midwest and I can tell you, from experience, that unpolished raw video has more of an impact on most people in social media than polished professional video.”
- How long have you been using WordPress.
- What brought you to the Meetup?
- How has coming to this Meetup affected you?
- Spontaneous or planned video testimonial.
- Make sure the lighting is good.
- Quiet place is best.
- Have them speak up (good audio).
- 1-2 minutes is best; max 5 min.
- Upload to WordPress.tv in the Testimonial Category The 'category' taxonomy lets you group posts / content together that share a common bond. Categories are pre-defined and broad ranging..
WordPress.tv Testimonial Category for Meetup Marketing
Videos that you lovely meetup organizers upload for the Marketing The Community are here.
Once the videos are accepted and published, share, share, and share!
The Marketing the Community Team