Sponsorship and Finances Report for July 29

Here’s that weekly update on the payments and income for WordPress community events that we post on Fridays. This report might get more elaborate as we get the time to build more tools around financial reporting (currently it’s quite manual), so if there’s a level of detail we’re not providing that you’d like to see, please mention it in the comments!

Between July 22 and July 29, here’s what came in:

Ticket revenue via PayPal: $12,969.99 USD (336 total tickets )
Sponsorship income via wire transfer: $25,686.04 USD
Sponsorship income via check: $35,869.32 USD
Sponsorship income via PayPal: $4,408.63 USD

Total revenue (in USD): $78,933.98

As for invoicing in this period:

We sent 26 invoices to local sponsors.
Of those, 4 invoices have been paid this week, and 22 invoices are still outstanding.

And in this same period, here’s what went out:

Total number of vendor payments/reimbursements: 21
Total payments (in USD): $54,748.37

Global Sponsorship Grants:

Milwaukee: $4,500 USD
Omaha: $2,000 USD
Rochester: $2,000 USD
Nashville: Additional grant of $500

As always, if you have any questions, please ask away in the comments!

#finance

Development Update – 30th week of 2016

This past week I’ve mostly been focused on various bug fixes and maintenance, but also launched a rough v1 for the mentorship dashboard. @kovshenin has been making progress on new the budgeting tool, and it’s ready for some early testing while the final features are being built.

#development-update

Daily Updates Update

Hello team!

We’ve been hearing a little feedback about the daily update posts, so we’re going to try something a little different. We’ve taken out the daily update post and scaled it back to a weekly one.

DeputiesProgram Supporter Community Program Supporters (formerly Deputies) are a team of people worldwide who review WordCamp and Meetup applications, interview lead organizers, and keep things moving at WordCamp Central. Find more about program supporters in our Program Supporter Handbook. can tell us anything they have worked on that week simply by adding it in the comments. You can list them or write a few sentences, whichever is more comfortable. Let us know what you’ve achieved so we can all be excited together!

Outreachy week 9: My first lesson plans

I mentioned last week I will be starting with writing lesson plans, so here are my first ones:

And here are some of the ideas I was keeping in mind when writing them:

• If some hands-on actions are going to be performed, it’s might be helpful to frame them as a scenario/use case. That makes it easier for a reader and also helps the reader to figure out how the lesson is relatable to their own projects.
  • First compose the outline: break the materials into logical steps and use it as headers later on. That makes the resulting lesson more visually appealing and increases its readability.
  • It’s important to keep yourself from the situations when there’s plenty of details on how to do something and no or little explanation why do we do it. After the learner is done with the tutorial it’s important for them to apply the knowledge they gained to the projects they will be working on, so explanations are crucial.

#outreachy

Monday #daily updates

Monday #daily-updates

Sunday #daily updates

Sunday #daily-updates

Saturday #daily updates

Saturday #daily-updates

WordCamp Incubator Update Thread: July edition

Hey there folks, here’s another update thread so that @_dorsvenabili, @hlashbrooke, and I can report on the progress of the WordCamps we’re incubating. 🙂

#incubator, #wordcamps

Friday #daily updates

Friday #daily-updates

Thursday #daily updates

Thursday #daily-updates