Welcome back from winter holidays, everyone! We’re due for a deputies Community Program Supporters (formerly Deputies) are a team of people worldwide who review WordCamp and Meetup applications, interview lead organizers, and keep things moving at WordCamp Central. Find more about program supporters in our Program Supporter Handbook. chat on Thursday (the community summit was on our regular day last month), and there’s a bunch of stuff to discuss.
- New banking: timeline, process info, etc.
- Budgets: new budget template, budget reviews, etc
- Automation station: time to jump into some process and training automation, so let’s ID our first targets and see if anyone wants to help with any of the projects
- Annual reporting on the community program: make a plan
- Set goals for the team for 2016: there wasn’t much comment on the post before the end of the year, so let’s discuss and set some goals
- Availability and communication: we still don’t have a good way to know who’s volunteering/how much in any given week, and it makes it hard to keep things running smoothly, so we need to revisit how we fill each other in on availability and what’s been done
- Check-in on the status of any WCs/meetups Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. you’re handling
^^ That seems like a lot for an hour, especially an hour that a lot of deputies probably can’t attend, since everyone’s schedules are so different. Can I get a roll call from @miss_jwo @brandondove @kcristiano @karenalma @amylaneio @bph @rkoffy @mayukojpn @adityakane @gounder to see who is available on Thursday at 19:00 (and if you can do a hangout/text/either) so we can plan accordingly? We can start some of these discussions earlier on the blog instead.