Slack Log (Requires Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. login to view. Set one up if you don’t have a Slack account.).
We heard updates about a new project (WPCD) and WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. site improvements. Here are the team highlights:
From CommHub (@miss_jwo)
- Discussed post about Rosetta + CommHub
- Thinks there aren’t any points of overlap that will have major impacts on the CommHub project.
New Project: WPCD (@hlashbrooke and @miss_jwo)
- This is a proof-of-concept project that would aggregate upcoming WordPress Contributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. information in one place for people who specifically attend WordCamps for the Contributor Days.
- Purpose is to encourage new contributors to the project, empower people to run a contributor day with or without a WordCamp, and allow WordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ teams to know when a contributor day is coming up so they can be prepared.
- Currently data is manually entered, but would be nice for it to be more automated in the future.
From Improving WordCamp.org (@iandunn)
- Final discussion (about themes and templates) is underway. It would be nice to get more discussion and feedback on the topic.
- Survey will be published next week and after the results come in we can start moving forward on implementing some of the changes.
From Meetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. Chapter Program (@chanthaboune)
- A 3 or 4 Meetup groups have been added and have had successful kickoff events.
- Five Meetup groups have had a “Retire or Restart” discussion initiated.
For more information on this and other meeting times, check out the sidebar A sidebar in WordPress is referred to a widget-ready area used by WordPress themes to display information that is not a part of the main content. It is not always a vertical column on the side. It can be a horizontal rectangle below or above the content area, footer, header, or any where in the theme. and the Welcome box on https://make.wordpress.org/community/.