As I mentioned a couple of Team meetings ago, something that came out of WCSF summit was that it’s hard to find local user groups. This is where the Community Hub concept has been reignited.
What is the Community Hub?
At it’s core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress., the vision for community hub will be a directory listing of WordPress user groups.
We can make it so much more! The community hub can be the WordCamp.org of local user groups/ meet ups. This would mean that user groups who want a localised website can have one that is tailored to their culture and community.
No one would be forced to use the community hub, but for us to build a tool that you would want, we want to make the ultimate wish list.
What do we need from you?
- Go to https://make.wordpress.org/community/wcsf-2014-team-meetup-notes/#commhub and review the wish list
- Add any other wish lists, visions, comments, queries of the Community Hub against this post.
- Share this with any community organisers you know.
Road Map of the project
- Open wish list requests
- Create a poll to allow community to vote on what wish list items they consider important
- Discussion of poll results
- Create a MVP "A minimum viable product (MVP) is a product with just enough features to satisfy early customers, and to provide feedback for future product development." - WikiPedia spec.
- Community review MVP before giving to Meta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress. team to review
- Check what features are available
- Build what features we don’t
- Beta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. testing
- Start inviting everyone
It would be good to set up a Community Hub Meeting.
I have set up a doodle. Please state what day would be preferable on there and we’ll go from there: http://doodle.com/kdqtvwvnd9ndezx6