Howdy Mods, and welcome to another week of awesome videos! If you have any issues with what you are moderating, need a second opinion, or have something you want to discuss about wordpress.tv please say so here in the comments.
Also, we have weekly office hours Defined times when the Global Community Team are in the #community-events Slack channel. If there is anything you would like to discuss – you do not need to inform them in advance.You are very welcome to drop into any of the Community Team Slack channels at any time. this Wednesday on IRC (#wordpress-getinvolved on Freenode) from UTC 14:00 – 17:00 Convert to your time zone.
Also, here is a handy checklist for what you will want to double-check when modding videos:
- Post Title – use this format – Speaker Name: Title of the Talk
- Video Attachment Title – Change under “Add Media” and use Post Title formatting above
- Description – Placed in Excerpt An excerpt is the description of the blog post or page that will by default show on the blog archive page, in search results (SERPs), and on social media. With an SEO plugin, the excerpt may also be in that plugin’s metabox. box (make sure to edit it to be in the present tense)
- Slides – Format links to slides to use this format
Presentation Slides »
- Meta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress. Boxes – Check the following Meta Boxes:
- Categories – Add categories for Year, City/Location, Presentation Video (or Panel Discussion), Slides, and WordCampTV
- Tags – Add any that apply (Caution Using How-To tags)
- Speaker – Name(s) of Presenter(s)
- Language – of Presenter
- Event – use this format – WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. (City or Location) (Year) – ex. WordCamp Chicago 2014