WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Mobile App!
We put it on the GSoC Ideas list, and there are some students interested. I want to give them all the same feature set to respond to (most wrote proposals basically just porting the WC sites to mobile). Without going too crazy, and remembering this is a summer job for one college student, what would make sense to include?
- All the info that’s on the WC site in standardized format (location/map, schedule, etc)
- Ability to rate sessions/speakers
- Follow Twitter mentions and official tweets in one stream (@wchogwarts + #WCHOG), and/or full tagregator stream
- Push notifications (opt-in) based on organizer posts to [blog? a cpt? something else?] to notify of day-of time-sensitive things like lunch being served, closing remarks starting, lost laptop, etc.
- Take the follow up survey once event is over
- Check in/out of event?
- Form to contact on-site organizers (emergency, safety, code of conduct “A code of conduct is a set of rules outlining the norms, rules, and responsibilities or proper practices of an individual party.” - Wikipedia, lost and found, etc)
What would like to do from your phone at a WordCamp?