Konstantin Obenland raised the point today that WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. A/V forms are a pain compared to the agreement forms we’ve digitized/automated. Since the way we handle A/V forms is a leftover from more than 5 years ago, that’s not surprising, and we should update that bit.
- Not all speakers fill out an application form, so tying it to that wouldn’t cover everyone.
- Opting in to global permission should be an option, but not the default. Anyone who does not choose global option will need to agree on an event-by-event basis.
- We’ll be getting more meetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. videos moving forward, so the wording should be for general WordPress events, with a listing of the events approved for use.
- While someone can’t undo permission they’ve already granted, if they have chosen global option they should be able to log in and undo that option for future.
- It might make sense to tie this to the .org profiles, as more event activity is going to live there.