I’m getting this when trying to view video…

I’m getting this when trying to view video on WPTV

Service Error: There was a problem getting the configuration information. Please try again later.

#wordpress-tv

Are the descriptions tags and slides going to…

Are the descriptions, tags and slides going to be added to the SFWC videos or do we need to add those?

#wordpress-tv

As you can read here @jenmylo and I…

As you can read here, @jenmylo and I had been talking about merging the Community and Events groups, for reasons enumerated in that post. TL;DR: the community outreach group has wound up mostly being connecting with contributors from other groups, with a giant amount of overlap with Events. This post is to see what the Events group thinks about merging our groups! 🙂

Vote in the comments: Yes, No, or a comment if you have questions or concerns that you would like answered before you say yes or no.

#events-2

Hey everyone I just wanted to introduce myself…

Hey everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself, and give you all an update on the spam video submissions.

I recently joined the Dot Org team at Automattic, and part of my role is to help maintain WordPress.tv. One of my first projects was to look at solutions to the spam problem.

I added a simple honeypot to the submit form about a month ago to try and catch bots, but it hasn’t been very successful. It looks like most of the spam that’s being submitted is being done manually by actual people, which makes it much harder to catch programmatically.

So, I’ll be working on a more robust approach over the next few weeks that will hopefully cut down on it, but it’s likely that we’ll always have to deal with a certain amount.

I’d also like to suggest a couple tweaks to the review process that I think would be helpful with regards to these submissions:

• Instead of using the “spam” tag for these posts, the “public-spam” one would be better. There are some legitimate videos related to (combatting) spam that already use the “spam” tag, so using a different tag will help keep those separated from the spam submissions.
  • Moving the posts to TrashTrash Trash in WordPress is like the Recycle Bin on your PC or Trash in your Macintosh computer. Users with the proper permission level (administrators and editors) have the ability to delete a post, page, and/or comments. When you delete the item, it is moved to the trash folder where it will remain for 30 days. (but not permanently deleting them), would make it obvious that it’s already been reviewed and would prevent them from cluttering up the legitimate pending posts.

I’ve got through and done those two things for all the existing posts.

I’ll also post another update once the next solution is in place.

#spam

It looks like this video from WordCamp Melbourne…

It looks like this video from WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Melbourne didn’t get reviewed/posted:

https://wptv.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=19237&action=edit

#wordpress-tv

Can I move the spam poor audio…

Can I move the spam, “poor audio”, etc. to the trashTrash Trash in WordPress is like the Recycle Bin on your PC or Trash in your Macintosh computer. Users with the proper permission level (administrators and editors) have the ability to delete a post, page, and/or comments. When you delete the item, it is moved to the trash folder where it will remain for 30 days.? Or is there something that needs to be done before this happens?

#wordpress-tv

There’s a very interesting presentation by Taylor Dewey…

There’s a very interesting presentation by Taylor Dewey on User Interaction that would make a nice feature.

https://wptv.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=20458&action=edit

#wordpress-tv