I know we’ve talked about duplicate videos before…

I know we’ve talked about duplicate videos before, https://wptvmods.wordpress.com/2013/02/01/what-to-do-about-duplicate-videos/, but I didn’t see an agreement. In this case I have a video from Sara Cannon called Designer vs. Developer for Atlanta 2013 and Phoenix 2013. I didn’t listen to the Q&A at the end, but I’m pretty sure the presentation itself is the same. Since Phoenix 2013 is already published, what should we do to “archive” the Atlanta one?

On a separate note, for speakers that travel and give the same talk at conferences (exactly like this case), should we tag the published one with Atlanta as well? Just so the atlanta folks coming to WP.tv can easily find it? Not sure I’m leaning one way or the other at the moment. Thoughts?

#wordpress-tv

Just noticed something weird when I went to…

Just noticed something weird when I went to start watching a video. In the Edit Post admin screen, it had showed the video, along with all the “approve” buttons, and fields (I can’t remember all of it now). I hadn’t assigned the video to myself, so I went back to do that, and when I came back to the edit post screen again, the “Submit video” metaMeta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress. box (it was all in) was gone. Do we know if anyone is making changes to the theme or the process?

#wordpress-tv

I have noticed some audio issues with the…

I have noticed some audio issues with the Atlanta 2013 videos.

There was feedback issues with the wireless mics in one room and another room was picking up road traffic.

If you mark those POOR AUDIO I will try to edit what I can and re-upload.

#wordpress-tv

I see we have some videos on queue…

I see we have some videos on queue but not reviewed quickly, so lets keep the publishing limit to 2 per day since I see 4 goes up one day and none for few days.. so, if you happen to review more, please schedule it so we have a continuous flow of updates for subscribers. 🙂 I also see some videos are taken. If you are not reviewing them, please revert back the Author name so others can review. Thanks, you are doing a great job. I am trying to review one a day. 🙂

#wordpress-tv

WordPress.tv Moderator Update – Week 17

First off, I failed at posting this last week. So I apologize for not sending out an update last week. We didn’t have much last week though, so holding off till this week made sense. 🙂

This week we’ve published 14 videos!! Most if not all of them are from WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Atlanta. Our new process of letting moderators schedule videos to be published is working wonderfully and we’re able to publish videos out now as we view them and add the appropriate information, slides, description, etc.

And that’s pretty much it! Until next week, I’m signing out!

#wordpress-tv, #wordpress-tv-event-video-management

Whoever published the last 3 videos they don’t…

Whoever published the last 3 videos, they don’t have proper categories.. plus, I strongly feel the wordcampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. text screenshot is not good in all the videos. I am for person’s image so people know the person as well.

#wordpress-tv

Here are some slides I have for the…

Here are some slides I have for the Atlanta WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. 2013

Get Outta My Head!! (And Onto the Screen).mp4
www.slideshare.net/doktadivah/get-outtamyheadontothescreen-wcatl

Going For It- How to Become a Respected WordPress Developer.mp4
www.slideshare.net/krogsgard/wc-atl2013krogsgard

How to Make Great Tutorial WordPress Videos.mp4
www.slideshare.net/ostraining/make-wordpress-tutorial-videos

Media- Adding Images and Other Media to Your WordPress Site.mp4
www.atlsquared.com/adding-images-audio-and-video-to-your-wordpress-site/

More Than a Pretty Comp.mp4
www.slideshare.net/acsearles/more-than-a-pretty-comp-17261942

10 Things Every Pulgin Developer Should Know.mp4
www.slideshare.net/arcware/wcatl-201310thingseveryplugindevelopershouldknow

So You Want to Sell a WordPress Theme or Plugin.mp4
www.slideshare.net/arcware/wcatl-2013soyouwanttosellthemeplugin-17651540

Backing Up WordPress & Basic Security.mp4
www.slideshare.net/CarelBekker/backing-up-wordpress-basic-security-presented-at-wordcamp-atlanta-2013

Making the Plunge Into Freelance.mp4
www.slideshare.net/DavidLaietta/making-the-plunge-into-freelancing

Secure All The Things!.mp4
www.slideshare.net/DougalCampbell/secure-all-the-things

Your Firstborn Child ThemeChild theme A Child Theme is a customized theme based upon a Parent Theme. It’s considered best practice to create a child theme if you want to modify the CSS of your theme. https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/advanced-topics/child-themes/.- Child Themes 101+102.mp4
www.slideshare.net/EvanMullins/firstborn-child-theme-word-camp-presentation-atlanta-2013

Using and Configuring SEO Plugins.mp4,
www.slideshare.net/jennymunn/word-camp-2013seo-plugins

What the GitGit Git is a free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency. Git is easy to learn and has a tiny footprint with lightning fast performance. Most modern plugin and theme development is being done with this version control system. https://git-scm.com/.-.mp4
www.slideshare.net/nathanielks/wc-atlanta-what-the-git

Options- Configuring Widgets, Menus and Other Settings to Make it Your Own.mp4
www.slideshare.net/notesfromkris/menus-widgets-wordcamp2013

WordPress Navigation in Responsive Design.mp4
www.slideshare.net/openchamp/wp-nav-wcatl

Designer vs. Developer- Creators in WordPress.mp4,
www.slideshare.net/saracannon/designervsdeveloper,sound

Finding Your Niche.mp4,
www.slideshare.net/tentblogger/wordcamp-atlanta-2013-atlanta-niche?from=ss_embed,

Level-Up Your WordPress Development Skills.mp4,
www.slideshare.net/tommcfarlin/level-up-your-wordpress-development-skills,

#wordpress-tv

Was just wondering why people aren’t uploading WordCamp…

Was just wondering why people aren’t uploading WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. videos? @andreamiddleton Have we been following up?

#wordpress-tv

WordPress.tv Moderator Update: Week 15

Not much has been happening in terms of videos being uploaded the past couple of weeks. With Miami, San Diego, and Atlanta just having finished, we expect to start seeing those videos get uploaded and published.

Since launching “Get Involved” a few weeks ago, we’ve had a couple of videos that didn’t meet the guidelines. It might be helpful to review those again before creating or submitting your videos. We’d love to see more meetupsMeetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. and screencasts. A few moderators are working on a list of what they are going to create. They’ll be posting on our P2, if you’d like to check it out.

This Week:

• Since our last update we’ve published 8 videos (5 How-To, 1 WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more., 1 MeetupMeetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook.)
  • We discussed publishing policy amongst moderators
  • Started creating a list of possible How-To videos moderators can help create

#wordpress-tv, #wordpress-tv-event-video-management

Is the moderator scheduling in effect I reviewed…

Is the moderator scheduling in effect. I reviewed some videos that can be scheduled for publishing.
Should I schedule them?

#wordpress-tv