In case any of you missed it here’s…

In case any of you missed it, here’s the WPTV blog interview of the lead of our Mod Squad, Mr. JerrySarcastic … http://wptvblog.wordpress.com/2013/02/20/jerry-bates/

#wordpress-tv

Melbourne 2011 videos have video producer’s logo at…

Melbourne 2011 videos have video producer’s logo at the beginning as well as at the end. Are they ok?

#wordpress-tv

Week 9 & 10: WordCamp Base Theme Page Templates Recap

Andrea (andmid), Konstantin (kovshenin), Erick (ehitter), Robert (robertnienhuis), Ctia (catia), Jerry (JerrySarcastic), and I (brandondove) were present at the meeting on 12 Feb.

12 Feb 2013 Update

This Week:

• Erick submitted patches for testing the session template
  • Cátia, while not present, submitted a wireframe for the speaker profile template
  • Jerry submitted a wireframe for the schedule template
  • Manuel (ms-studio) sent me some code and offered a few tips on date storage based on his experience with event based templates
  • Discussed pulling Profile data from profiles.wordpress.org eventually, but not currently a possibility

Andrea (andmid), Erick (ehitter), Robert (robertnienhuis), Cátia (catia), Jerry (JerrySarcastic), and I (brandondove) were present at the meeting on 12 Feb.

19 Feb 2013 Update

This Week:

• Clarified scope, we’re only working on wordcampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more.-base, not wordcamp-base-v2
  • Erick submitted a new patch for testing the session template, Brandon to test patch
  • Robert submitted a few design options for the schedule template (and a new direction on the default look)
  • Robert will update designs to match current base theme style
  • Jerry submitted a new wireframe for the Post-Event template
  • Sara Cannon posted a new ticket for making the entire theme responsive. While outside of our current scope, it’s a good one to keep an eye on.
  • Cátia submitted a new ticket requesting sample data for theme development. I provided an export from last year’s Orange County event.

#wordcamp-base

@myroseapple I see a video you are modding…

@myroseapple – I see a video you are modding that is DO NOT PUBLISH.

What is the issue with the video? Should I trashTrash Trash in WordPress is like the Recycle Bin on your PC or Trash in your Macintosh computer. Users with the proper permission level (administrators and editors) have the ability to delete a post, page, and/or comments. When you delete the item, it is moved to the trash folder where it will remain for 30 days. it, or is it something that you think is fixable? 🙂

#wordpress-tv

You guys are really doing an awesome job…

You guys are really doing an awesome job. No videos to review.. 🙂

I just noticed WC Nepal videos don’t have Presentation Video or Slides categories. They are presentation videos and many have slides too (even in the video itself). I think we need to add those categories as well.

#wordpress-tv

How exactly are we including links to presentation…

How exactly are we including links to presentation slides with videos? I must’ve missed something, but I don’t seen any meta for that on the edit page. Also, is there a way we prefer including links to things like demos or other external resources the presenter covers in their talk? It’s nice to have a video with links on the screen, or when they call out “go to http://somethingsomething.com/link to download the code we’re going through.” But having those links with the video itself will be super useful I think.

#wordpress-tv

@jerrysarcastic did you create the how to video…

@jerrysarcastic did you create the how to video? It has 20s of black frames at the end and seems incomplete..

#wordpress-tv

Don’t you guys think we need a person’s…

Don’t you guys think we need a person’s screenshot on the videos? Check out the parent site.. it looks horrible.

#wordpress-tv

@andreamiddleton Was there any discussion of adding a…

@andreamiddleton Was there any discussion of adding a WordPress version metaboxMetabox A post metabox is a draggable box shown on the post editing screen. Its purpose is to allow the user to select or enter information in addition to the main post content. This information should be related to the post in some way. to the site? I think it would be good to have, and something the mods can add to (current version at time of upload?) or if we add a form field is something that the submitter themselves can add when uploading a video?

Is this outside of scope? 🙂

#public-submission, #wordpress-tv

Meetup Best Practices: Speakers

At the WordPress Community Summit What the meetup? discussion, we created an action item to get meetupMeetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. organizers to start sharing best practices. This is the Fifth post in a series on Meetup Best practices for you to share what has worked for your meetup. Each post will pose a small amount questions for meetup organizers to answer. Out of these, I imagine some best practices will bubble up. At a minimum, the knowledge and background should help both current and future meetup organizers.

previously, we looked at:

• Venues
  • Refreshments
  • Happiness Bars
  • Metrics
    • This Week, let’s look at speakers, won of the common event types for meetupsMeetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook..

How do you find the speakers your meetup has?
      What, if anything, do you do to help the speaker prepare?
      Anything else about having an event with a speaker that you want to share?

#best-practices, #meetups-2