Happy release day! After 210 total merged pull requests, we’re excited to bring you WP-CLI WP-CLI is the Command Line Interface for WordPress, used to do administrative and development tasks in a programmatic way. The project page is http://wp-cli.org/ https://make.wordpress.org/cli/ v1.3.0.
Install packages with shortened identifiers
Recently, we have been discussing the future of the WP-CLI package index. Our conclusion was to deprecate the existing package index for now and provide a new mechanism for more easily installing external commands that are hosted on GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/.
As of WP-CLI v1.3.0, whenever you provide a package identifier in the form of
<vendor>/<package>, WP-CLI will first check the deprecated package index (for backward compatibility reasons), and then check for a GitHub repository that matches this identifier. This also accepts all version qualifiers/requirements that Composer can parse.
# Install vendor/command from GitHub (uses https://github.com/vendor/command):
$ wp package install vendor/command
# Install version 1.0.5 of vendor/command:
$ wp package install vendor/command:v1.0.5
# Install commit 95ce52b of vendor/command:
$ wp package install vendor/command:dev-master#95ce52b
Wondering whether a specific string exists in your database? Wonder no more! Use the new
wp db search to search through all text columns in your database for your specified string (or regex pattern) [#29, #33]:
# Search through the database for the 'http://' regular expression, printing stats.
$ wp db search 'http:\/\/' --regex --stats
Success: Found 99146 matches in 10.752s (10.559s searching). Searched 12 tables, 53 columns, 1358907 rows. 1 table skipped:
Need easy access to the database prefix for chaining into other commands? Use
wp db prefix to print it out [#22]:
$ wp db prefix --url=example.com/foo
Everything else in v1.3.0
wp config *:
- Errors early when no
wp-config.php can be found [#22].
wp config create:
- Generates keys/salts locally and use WordPress.org The community site where WordPress code is created and shared by the users. This is where you can download the source code for WordPress core, plugins and themes as well as the central location for community conversations and organization. https://wordpress.org/ API An API or Application Programming Interface is a software intermediary that allows programs to interact with each other and share data in limited, clearly defined ways. as fallback [#25].
wp config get:
--global=<global> to get the value of a specific constant or global [#16].
- Indicates files included by
wp core (multisite-install|multisite-convert):
--skip-config to avoid addition of multisite Multisite is a WordPress feature which allows users to create a network of sites on a single WordPress installation. Available since WordPress version 3.0, Multisite is a continuation of WPMU or WordPress Multiuser project. WordPress MultiUser project was discontinued and its features were included into WordPress core.https://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network. constants to
wp-config.php file [#18].
- Prevents non-existent directories from ending up in the list of files to import [#8].
wp media *:
- Changes media noun to ‘items’ in most cases, to reflect multi-type nature of media [#18].
wp media import:
--skip-copy flag to allow import of media from local filesystem without moving on disk [#21].
wp package install:
- Adds support for short package identifiers [#22].
wp post term delete:
--all flag to remove all terms from a post [#23].
wp scaffold *:
phpcs.xml.dist instead of custom-named
- Better support for symbolic links [#26].
- Changes the grunt config for
addtextdomain to override all text domains by default [#28].
--format=count to only show number of rows affected [#14].
wp term (get|update|delete):
--by=<type> argument to get/update/delete term by slug [#27].
wp user *:
- Support fetching users with an email address in the login field [#21].
wp super-admin remove:
- Allows revoking super-admin of non-existent user [#6].
- Fixes autoload file names for
$custom_vendor condition [#4147].
- Saves runtime config so it can be passed as args to
Runner::run_alias_group() invocation [#4148].
- Manually loads comments if
opcache.save_comments is disabled [#4161].
- Allows numbers in subcommand names and arguments [#4164, #4269].
- Fixes double slash in
boot-phar.php path [#4169].
- Allows root use of
wp cli info, in addition to
wp cli update [#4177].
- Updates SSH Secure SHell - a protocol for securely connecting to a remote system in addition to or in place of a password. URL A specific web address of a website or web page on the Internet, such as a website’s URL www.wordpress.org parser regexp to allow for null port number [#4182].
WP_CLI\Utils\get_home_dir() helper function [#4184].
- Reduces included files (Behat/PHPUnit in particular) in built Phar [#4185].
- Behat: Allows test DB user + pass to be set by environment variables [#4196].
WP_CLI_STRICT_ARGS_MODE on to
--ssh=<ssh> if set [#4207].
- Displays a more helpful error message when site cannot be found [#4212].
- Fixes broken indentation on Windows systems because of line endings [#4221, #4222].
--ssh=<ssh> flag to work with Docker and Docker Compose [#4240].
- Checks for availability of
proc_open/close in various scenarios [#4245].
Contributors to this release (45 total): aaemnnosttv, BhargavBhandari90, chetansatasiya, chriszarate, cjhaas, colemanedwards, danielbachhuber, davetha, drrobotnik, electrokit, emgk, emirpprime, erikjoling, fjarrett, freegenie, gitlost, greatislander, iansvo, Ippey, jalavoy, jameselks, joehoyle, johnbillion, @JPry, junaidbhura, kouratoras, lucatume, @mapk, mikeschinkel, miya0001, @murtzsarialtun, nikolov-tmw, pierre-dargham, plastikdreams, rahul286, ronaksampat, schlessera, Sidsector9, soulseekah, szepeviktor, tfrommen, vbaranovskiy-plesk, westonruter, wp-make-coffee, wpbullet