Plugins For Your Site
We do not specifically endorse any of the plugins listed here but offer them as tools for you to test and use in your own accessible WordPress site.
- WP Accessibility — provides features that fix accessibility issues in your site.
- Contact Form 7: Accessible defaults — generates accessible contact form defaults in Contact Form 7.
- Gravity Forms WCAG 2.0 Form Fields – Fixes accessibility issues in Gravity Forms
- Access Monitor – Uses Tenon.io to scan your site for accessibility issues
- Genesis Accessible – Fixes accessibility issues with Genesis
- WP Accessible Twitter Feed – Provides a minimal Twitter feed for easier accessibility
- Screen Reader Text Support – Adds instant support for the core .screen-reader-text class to your theme.
- Accessibility Widget — add a sidebar widget to change text size in your site.
- Zoom — enable site visitors to resize the predefined areas of your site.
- Accessible External Text Links — display an image to warn visitors that a link will open in a new window.
Accessible WordPress Themes
Browse the accessibility-ready themes in the WordPress theme repository to pick themes.
Building a new theme or plugin? Perhaps some of these tools can help you to create a more accessible resource.
- Color Contrast Analyser (Windows and OS X) — check foreground/background contrast levels and preview designs as they might be seen by color blind users.
- Sim Daltonism — a color blindness simulator for Mac OS X.
- SEE — lets you view the web as a user with a visual impairment might (Chrome extension)
- Colorblind Web Page Filter — apply a filter to a web page.
- Vischeck — see how pages & images look to color blind users.
- ContrastA (Flash) — find accessible color combinations.
- Color Palette Accessibility Evaluator — analyze color combinations for conformance to accessibility guidelines.
- Colour Contrast Check – online tool, specify a foreground and a background colour and the brightness, color difference and contrast ratio are calculated.
- WAVE – run the WAVE accessibility evaluation tool within Firefox.
- Firefox Accessibility Extension – check the use of structural markup in a page.
- Tenon.io – Tenon is an accessibility API, and provides a wide variety of build and testing tools
- Access Monitor – runs accessibility tests of your WordPress site, either on the front-end or in the administration. It runs an automated scan of your site using the Tenon.io web accessibility service.
- Total Validator — an (X)HTML validator, an accessibility validator, a spell checker, and a broken links checker all rolled into one tool. Free & commercial versions available.