We do not specifically endorse any of the plugins listed here but offer them as tools for you to test and use in your own accessible WordPress site.
- Accessibility Widget — add a sidebar widget to change text size in your site.
- Accessible External Text Links — display an image to warn visitors that a link will open in a new window.
- Access Monitor – Uses Tenon.io to scan your site for accessibility issues
- Contact Form 7: Accessible defaults — generates accessible contact form defaults in Contact Form 7.
- Genesis Accessible – Fixes accessibility issues with Genesis
- Gravity Forms WCAG 2.0 Form Fields – Fixes accessibility issues in Gravity Forms
- MCE Accessible Language Change — Adds language change button in the WordPress WYSIWYG editor.
- Screen Reader Text Support – Adds instant support for the core .screen-reader-text class to your theme.
- WP Accessibility — provides features that fix accessibility issues in your site.
- WP Accessible Twitter Feed – Provides a minimal Twitter feed for easier accessibility
- Zoom — enable site visitors to resize the predefined areas of your site.
Accessible WordPress Themes Accessible WordPress Themes
Browse the accessibility-ready themes in the WordPress theme repository to pick themes.
Development Tools Development Tools
Building a new theme or plugin? Perhaps some of these tools can help you to create a more accessible resource.
- Color Contrast Analyser (Windows) — check foreground/background contrast levels and preview designs as they might be seen by color blind users.
- Sim Daltonism — a color blindness simulator for Mac OS X.
- SEE — lets you view the web as a user with a visual impairment might (Chrome extension)
- Colorblind Web Page Filter — apply a filter to a web page.
- Vischeck — see how pages & images look to color blind users.
- ContrastA (Flash) — find accessible color combinations.
- Color Palette Accessibility Evaluator — analyze color combinations for conformance to accessibility guidelines.
- Colour Contrast Check – online tool, specify a foreground and a background colour and the brightness, color difference and contrast ratio are calculated.
- WAVE – run the WAVE accessibility evaluation tool within Firefox.
- Firefox Accessibility Extension – check the use of structural markup in a page.
Build Tools Build Tools
- Tenon.io – Tenon is an accessibility API, and provides a wide variety of build and testing tools
- Access Monitor – runs accessibility tests of your WordPress site, either on the front-end or in the administration. It runs an automated scan of your site using the Tenon.io web accessibility service.
Desktop Validators Desktop Validators
- Total Validator — an (X)HTML validator, an accessibility validator, a spell checker, and a broken links checker all rolled into one tool. Free & commercial versions available.