This is the proposed agenda for the weekly accessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) team meeting on Friday November 8, 2019 at 15:00 UTC.
- Move Accessibility team meeting time according to end of daylight saving time
- New team Representatives for 2019-2020
- Discuss issues recently raised on accessibility Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel:
- Twenty Twenty Read more Block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. (raised by @poena)
- Initial focus on Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ blocks (raised by @gziolo)
If you have any additional topics to propose, please comment below.
The Accessibility bug scrub will be held on Friday November 8, 2019 at 14:00 UTC.
This meeting is held in the #accessibility channel in the Making WordPress Slack (requires registration).