This is the proposed agenda for the accessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) team meeting on November 2nd, 2018 at 15:00 UTC:
- Move meeting and bug scrub timeslot after end of Day Saving Time
- Feedback after the Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ Accessibiity Report
- Notice for assistive technologies users to include in WordPress 5.0
- Gutenberg issues that have been closed as “solved” but we don’t consider really solved based on the Accessibility Report
- WCAG WCAG is an acronym for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. These guidelines are helping make sure the internet is accessible to all people no matter how they would need to access the internet (screen-reader, keyboard only, etc) https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/. success criteria: should the team refer to WCAG criteria in issues?
- Open floor and/or Discussion on a few tickets, time permitting
If you have anything to propose to add to the agenda or specific items related to the above, then please leave a comment below. Either way, everyone is welcome to join!
This meeting is held in the #accessibility channel in the Making WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. (requires registration).