On June 26th, the contributor day for WordCamp Europe, several of the members of the accessibility team were able to meet and address a variety of issues. It was a great opportunity to try and pin down some long-term problems and strategize for the future!
During the event, we:
- Taught several theme developers and reviewers the process of testing themes for the
- Worked with the Design team to finalize solutions to a couple of nagging issues in communicating information formerly only available in title attributes
- Discussed some of the problems in the theme review workflow that relate to the
accessibility-readytag and brainstormed ways of handling them
- Discussed ideas for increasing the automation available for doing
accessibility-readytesting of themes
- Prepared patches and worked through a number of open tickets in the accessibility queue
- Gave a great workshop on keyboard accessibility
- Promoted increased participation in preparing subtitles for videos on WordPress.tv
- Worked on improving the accessibility of the WordPress core tags widget
- Discussed improvements to Contact Form 7 with @takayukister
- Met and talked to more people interested and excited about accessibility in WordPress!
The opportunities to work together at great events like WordCamp Europe are priceless; big thanks to the WordCamp Europe team for all their hard work!