Following the example from development on the WordPress Editor, the accessibility team is going to start posting our goals in wish list format. If you have an accessibility goal you’d like to see the team pursue on WordPress core, add it in a comment and let us know!
Current Accessibility Goals
- Color Contrast: coordinate with the Design team to finish the colors. See #31713, #35659, #35596, #35622. (@afercia)
- Settings API: collaborate with the team working on the Fields API to make sure they’re fabulously accessible. See #18801 for history, Fields API development (@joedolson, @afercia)
- Uniform Search: Work to address the numerous different search interfaces within the WordPress admin so they offer the same experience through the admin. See #31818. (@cheffheid)
- Develop libraries for Accessible Tabs & Accessible Modals
- Accessible Video: improve the user interface and meta data relationships for captions & subtitles to make accessible video easier to manage. See #31177. (@rianrietveld)
- Accessible Media Grid
- Review usage of target=”_blank” in the admin. See #23432. (@trishasalas)
- Finish headings improvements: remove controls from headings. See #26601. (@trishasalas)
- start accessibility work on Select2. See issue 3744 on Select2. (@afercia)
- Finish working on an accessible Tag Cloud Widget. See #35566.