When only one active team member votes, it’s tough to think there’s much interest in team repping.
So, here are the results, but the low turnout begs the question of if this is an active team, or if we should be thinking about rolling in to existing groups (like UI is rolling into the main core group and designers will be embedded in all the other teams as well with a central design “interest group” vs a “responsible-for-this-product group”). But before we have that conversation, here are the voting results.
Only three people actually voted.
Please describe your role with the accessibility team.
- 1 – I don’t participate yet, but want to
- 1 – I am not currently active in the group, but have been in the past
- 1 – I am active in the group, and have been within the past 3 months
- 0 – I don’t plan to get involved
Describe your accessibility team activity.
- 1 – I contribute accessibility info to the Codex
- 1 – Other Option (“Working on developing accessibility-ready tag for theme directory”)
- 1 – I don’t contribute to the accessibility team activities
- 1 – I participate in plugin and theme reviews for wordpress.org directory
- 1 – I contribute to discussions on the blog
- 0 – I contribute to core patches
1st rep – 3 votes for Esmi
2nd rep – One for Joe, one for Graham, one for Andrew Ozz
Neither Esmi or Graham voted. Esmi also proposed that she step back to the support role in the previous thread about team reps. The comment in that thread by Graham made it sound like he equates accessibility team with core accessibility. In short, it doesn’t feel particularly teamy up in here. An active team should have enough going on that each week there’s stuff to report. That’s the team rep job — to write the weekly reports on activity and issues facing the team.
Given the givens, my inclination is to ask Esmi to remain the point of contact for this group, and once we’re past the winter holidays, to work out what exactly falls within the scope of this group/what the product it’s responsible for is, and go from there to a decision around whether this is in fact a distinct project team or whether it’s an interest/skills group that contributes to multiple project teams (like design will be). If it’s decided then that it is in fact a distinct project team, we’ll figure out what to do about the lack of participation in the team rep voting re 2nd slot. Sound okay?