If anyone missed the post on the news blog, we’re planning for the core leadership meetup, which’ll be Jan 10-16, 2011. We’ll set up some kind of video town hall etc, but will also be working heads down to work out priorities for the coming year, and will emerge from the meetup with some sort of general plan/roadmap. First, if you haven’t dropped your thoughts onto the agenda suggestions/questions thread, please do: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-should-2011-hold-for-wordpress
Second, off the top of my head, I can think of ___ fairly big-deal UI challenges we’ll want to tackle this year:
- Media uploader (here’s where we left off last year)
- Plugins screen (possibly including UI for core plugins?)
- Settings (all)
- Tabs, tabs, tabs
- Some love for the comment screen
- Updates screen
- Themes screen (maybe a list view vs block view?)
- Improve widgets
- Improve menus
- Improve multisite screens (all)
- The bigass CSS streamlining that John set up with his work in 3.1
- Possibilities for simplifying screens. Maybe distros?
Definitely add comments to the forum thread, but also feel free to post thoughts here about projects each of you would be most interested in working on personally. I’d like to form a number of small teams to work on first rounds of each thing, then review and improve as a larger group as needed, to keep things moving. There will be a number of designers joining in after the new year, so we should have enough people for several teams.