Here we are in the tenth week of the MP6 experiment, and with it comes our tenth release, 1.0. And while the version number is simply the one that comes after 0.9, it’s also beginning to look nearly complete. We’ve worked our way through our primary to-do list, concentrating now on responsive issues and core issues for which we’ll be submitting patches. Here’s what’s new this week.
- Restyled toolbar submenus with a dark background that matches menubar submenus.
- Made all the various delete/trash links the same color red, and removed inconsistent backgrounds/borders.
- Improved the alignment of notices within thickbox containers.
- Added right padding to top level adminmenu links to leave room for the current arrow indicator.
- Improved the appearance of the file upload input.
- Improved the appearance of the comment moderation confirmation screen.
- Removed the blue hover state from disabled page navigation links.
- Removed the wayward borders within the .widefat table.
- Fixed a z-index issue causing toggle arrows to overlap expanded widgets on the widget management page.
- Submenu and current item arrows in the .folded and .auto-fold states are now the same size.
- Corrected the alignment of the New link in toolbar.
- The annoying bug where the W menu opens by default on every page load has been fixed.
- General coding standards improvements throughout.
- Updated the Dashicons icon font.
- Mobile: Improved theme updates table styling.
- Mobile: Fixed toolbar quicklinks line height.
- Mobile: Improved plugins list styling.
- Mobile: Menu management page improvements.
- Mobile: Allow the HTML editor buttons to wrap to two lines on small screens.
- Mobile: Improved styling of the link manager on small screens.
- Mobile: Adjusted height of select elements to match button height.
- Mobile: Bigger touch targets in the file editor’s file list; larger textarea for the editor.
- Mobile: Improved styling for post format options on small screens.
- Mobile: Fixed TinyMCE split buttons and list boxes.
- RTL: Added RTL tests to /branches/.
- RTL: Fixed meta/post box widget positioning.
- RTL: Fixed Plugin/theme editor submit button position.
- RTL: Fixed dashboard comment widget avatar position.
Whew! This week’s iteration includes contributions from Joen Asmussen, Mel Choyce, Ben Dunkle, Michael Erlewine (mitcho), Till Krüss, and myself.
We’ll be in #wordpress-ui to discuss your feedback on Monday, May 6 at 18:00 UTC. Thanks again as always to everyone who’s contributed your feedback so far. As always, please keep it coming — we’re interested in any suggestions, bug reports, ideas, or patches you may have. If you’ve reported an issue that we haven’t addressed yet, it won’t hurt to mention it again (with a screenshot if possible) at this point.