Child Theme Support
This section is draft only.
- Themes are required to facilitate the use of Child Themes. A “basic” Child Theme (i.e. a style.css with Template header tag and @import() of the Template style.css), when activated, should function exactly as the Theme itself functions.
- Themes are required to include functional and resource files in a manner that facilitates the use of Child Themes:
Including Stylesheets and Scripts
- Themes are required to enqueue all stylesheets and scripts, using wp_enqueue_style()/wp_enqueue_script(), and hooked into an appropriate hook via callback function, rather than hard-coding stylesheet/script links or tags in the template.
- Themes are required to use the Theme-specific hook for admin-enqueued scripts/stylesheets, e.g. admin_print_scripts-appearance_page_$menu_slug
- Themes may optionally link the default stylesheet (style.css) directly in the document head, or viawp_enqueue_style(). Whichever method is used, the default stylesheet must be referenced via get_stylesheet_uri()
- Themes are required to use core-bundled scripts, if using such scripts
- Themes must not use TimThumb