How To Become a Theme Reviewer
Are you interested in joining the Theme Reviewers team? Great! The team is open to anyone who wants to help out, and the process is simple.
First, join the Theme Reviewers mail list and set up your test environment.
- Setup a WordPress test environment, and import the Theme Unit Test data. Be sure to set WP_DEBUG to ‘true’ in wp-config.
- We strongly recommended installing the Log Deprecated Notices and Debogger plugins on your WordPress test environment.
Now you’re ready to review themes.
- Pick the oldest unclaimed Theme in the queue and “reassign to” your Trac username.
- Using the SVN link in the Trac ticket, download the Theme files, and install/activate the Theme on your WordPress test environment.
- Review the Theme per the process, ensuring the Theme meets the criteria as well as the Theme Development standards.
- Attach your Theme review notes as a comment on the ticket.
- After you have finished your review and added your comments a Theme Review Team member will evaluate your review.
- The ticket will then be marked with the appropriate resolution.