Last week I hit a bit of a rocky patch work-wise. However, after a weekend of rare sunshine and GB sporting success, followed by some words of encouragement from my mentors in our catch-up today, I’m geared up for a productive week. Here are some things I have planned:
- One of the original goals of my internship was to help with the on-boarding process of new contributors by creating documents and training materials. I’ll be concentrating a little more on this goal now that I’m a few weeks into my internship and more familiar with how Support works.
- In terms of offering help on the forums and the IRC channel, I’m going to try to branch out of my safe-zone and help more with topics like multi-sites and installation.
- I’ve recently been approached regarding a project to get rid of the last bits of English found on the Welsh version of WordPress: http://cy.wordpress.org/. Any tips on internationalisation and localisation would be much appreciated.
- I’m also looking to join the Theme Review Team this week.
- My first WordCamp is this weekend! If you’re about in Lancaster for WordCamp UK, please do come and say hi to me.
As always, any comments or thoughts on what you think I should be doing with this internship are very much welcome. Have a good week all.