Hi, my name is Jerry Bates, and I’m new to these parts, but have been building sites for others (and training them too) for some time now. I’m looking forward to working on this manual, as I think it’s sorely needed.
Anyway, before I start rolling up my sleeves, I thought I’d post up a few of the Trac ticket I am aware of that have implications for this project, and will likely require either re-writing existing (from .com) documentation or updated screenshots; in some cases both.
I know many of you are already aware of these tickets, but I don’t see discussions about it, so I figured this would be good to post up, to avoid any duplication of effort.
- #16379 – Better UI for doing “Page on Front”
- #16416 - Settings -> Privacy “block search engines” option is not accurate
- #20993 – Rename the “HTML” editor tab to “Text”
- #21368 – Welcome screen design – v2
- #21583 - Improve discoverability and visual design of Screen Options and Help Panels
- #21598 – Update default button styles in core
- #21754 – Replace QuickPress labels with gray prompt texts
If you happen to know any others that I may have missed here, please add them in the comments.