Perhaps unsurprisingly, my good intentions to have the welcome packets/envelopes ready for early birds by 8am today were derailed. For the sake of my simplicity, let’s say I’ll have them ready by this afternoon, and they can be picked up tonight after 7pm at Huc-a-Poo’s, or tomorrow morning at the event itself. When they’re ready I’ll post to twitter and comment on this post letting you know if they can be grabbed any earlier at the Jitterbug.
A lot of people are in town now after all the successful flights that made it last night, so a few notes on entertaining yourself around town today:
- Georgia doesn’t like booze on Sunday, and no one will be allowed to sell you any before 12:30pm today. This includes mimosas and bloody marys for brunch, so go ahead and sleep in/go later.
- The Jitterbug inside seating area will be occupied by the team rep meeting from 9am-12pm. The deck is yours to claim. Wifi password is “superdecent” on “Sparkle Motion” network.
- It’s supposed to be sunny and in the 70s today. The weather can change quickly, though, so bring a hoodie or jacket just in case. If you make any plans that involve being out on the water, it will be windy and a little chilly.
- Restaurants that I personally tend to frequent the most on the island include Tybee Island Social Club (flatbread tacos), Sundae Cafe (the nice restaurant in town, but closed Sundays, believe it or not), AJ’s Dockside (sandwiches, fried seafood, deck seating that is awesome), and North Beach Grill (more sandwiches and seafood but with Caribbean leanings, usually has reggae playing). There’s also Lisa Sabin-Wilson and Michael Torbert’s favorite, the crab shack, but I’m still thinking we’ll try to get the group there Monday for dinner.
- If you wind up stranded somewhere and need a ride, you can call the Island Hopper shuttle and they’ll zip you over to wherever for $3 a person: 912-656-0805.
- Today will be fairly hectic, so I may not be monitoring my email as closely as I did yesterday, so if you need my attention, an email is good but also ping me on Twitter @janeforshort to make sure I get to it promptly.
See you all soon!