WordPress 4.0 is out. See full instructions here. When building, you can simply choose 4.0/4.0.x and HEAD and it will work.
Tagged: release Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts
Instructions for 4.0, which will be released in the next 15-30 minutes:
- The need to create a localized build through the Rosetta form is unchanged for 4.0. This will go away very soon, but we couldn’t get all the ducks in a row to make this go away for 4.0. I’m trying for 4.0.1. Thank you so much for your patience as we work to make the experience painless for all of you.
- As usual, you will build your release off the 4.0 tag, which will exist soon. Since you’re building off of 4.0, you don’t need the revision number (HEAD is fine), but it’s 29485.
- CHECK YOUR BUILD FIRST. Especially $wp_version in wp-includes/version.php.
- If you have WPLANG defined in wp-config-sample.php, the build will be rejected. If you don’t translate this file and this file is thus an exact copy of the core file, you may delete it. Only mess with trunk / 4.0, not dist directories from 3.9 or earlier.
- Thanks to your feedback, the language chooser will not show for a localized build. For the regular build, it will show. These languages are via the API at http://api.wordpress.org/translations/core/1.0/?version=4.0 and reflect any translations that are 100% for all three projects (wp/dev, wp/dev/admin, wp/dev/admin/network). Percent completion is checked periodically and language packs are then built.
- (This is mainly for @pavelevap…) If you are not at 100% for all three projects, you may ask for me to manually trigger an incomplete language pack, for the purposes of being available in the language chooser. I’d rather not, though — this is API-driven and we can always get the language in there once you finish your translation.
- Do not forget to 100% translate Akismet. There were no string changes in the default themes.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment, and @ocean90 or I will address them. If there is an urgent issue, please ping me in #wordpress-polyglots or #wordpress-dev.
We’re going to release WordPress Android 3.1, can you help us translate the release notes here?
WordPress 3.9.2 is now available. Please ship your packages. No string changes. (This may be the last time you have to do this!)
We’re going to release WordPress Android 3.0 and we need you to translate the release notes here:
and a few new strings, here:
We’re going to release WordPress Android 2.9 and we need you to translate the release notes here:
and a few new strings, here:
Please verify the WordPress version before releasing localized versions.
For WordPress 3.9 and 3.9.1 a handful of localized builds were compiled against an incorrect tag/head/revision and released, the effect of this is, in this case resulted in end users WordPress installs would now display that they are now running `4.0-alpha`. There is no obvious way to repair the WordPress install once this happens.
Here is the fix from the support thread for 3.9.x releases, it is a simple fix though extremely annoying and frustrating for end users.
Once you have ‘built’ your localized version of WordPress please download the release to your local PC, extract the archive and confirm that the `$wp_version = ` in `/wp-includes/version.php` matches the version of WordPress you are expecting to release, once that is confirmed then go ahead and click ‘release’.
I know @nacin is working to resolve and improve the tools we use to avoid these types of situations and until that is the case manually verifying the version only takes an extra minute before you ‘release’.
WordPress 3.9.1 is out. There are no string changes.
You may have noticed the 3.9.x project in translate.wordpress.org is not yet functional, due to some ongoing GlotPress development work. (You’ll find it doesn’t work.) The “wp/dev” project is frozen to the 3.9 branch and is the proper project to use.
With regards to SVN: there is a core 3.9.1 tag already created, so no revision number is necessary, though the proper revision to use is 28182.
3.9.x releases will be the last set of releases with all of these hoops to jump though. It’ll be made much easier in the coming few weeks/months.
Thanks all and happy translating.
WordPress 3.9 is being released at 1700 GMT, or about 10 hours from now.
I’m sorry you didn’t get more lead time on a few strings. I recognize there has been some string flux over the past week, as a result of the about page, some strings that had gone untranslated accidentally, etc. Just wanted to say I know how much time you put into these and thanks for all you do.
After 3.9 I’ll be spending a few weeks working primarily on localization and internationalization, so expect some exciting things.
Hello everyone. Akismet 3.0 is going to be released really soon. If you complete the translation of it here then users using WordPress in your language will be eligible for a language pack on update.
It’ll likely be released within an hour or so, but please please please treat these as core strings, as Akismet 3.0 is shipping with WordPress 3.9 tomorrow!
WordPress 3.8.3 was just released. No new strings and just fixes a single bug. Your revision # is 28121, but if you simply build it off the 3.8.3 tag you won’t need it.
3.7.3 was also released, but this is only provided to auto updates. There is no need to build a 3.7.3 zip unless you wanted it in your release archive. Same revision #.
WordPress 3.8.2 has been released. It is a security release. There are no string changes.
WordPress 3.7.2 was also released, but it is only being used for auto-updates. Users are not presented with this package. There is no need to package this. It also had no string changes.
The tags exist so you don’t need the revision number, but it’s 27893.
WordPress 3.8.1 Maintenance Release is here.
Use rev 26900 for your builds
Toolbar icons are not showing correctly. It is showing korean letters instead icons.
I can’t build 3.7 without revision. What is the revision for 3.7 ?