How do the translations of the GlotPress web interface itself (i.e., those at https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/glotpress/dev) get implemented?
Tagged: glotpress Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts
As there are currently three separate discussions regarding GlotPress enhancements I’ll post this here as it probably should have been posted already.
Secretmapper will post updates to http://blog.glotpress.org/
Now is probably be a great time to get more involved and help shape the direction of GlotPress
Something that would really help the English variants is to have a feature that can copy all of the original strings for untranslated as the translated string, and leaves them as Waiting status.
Being able to check and bulk accept these strings (fixing variations where necessary) would be considerably quicker than going through each string one by one to click on Copy original and accepting.
~95%+ of strings are going to be identical anyway between US English and British, Canadian and Australian etc. English, so I think it’s sensible to go with the assumption that strings match, and change where necessary, than assume the US English is going to be wrong (as with all other non-English variant languages).
First of all, thanks for glossary. It’s a life saving functionality.
I’m currently validating lots of project and trying to maintain order between them. Glossary is a very helpful tool to accomplish this but it’s project specific. Is there a way to use a common glossary for selected projects or for all of them?
Please don’t say import/export. It’s not functional when you try to keep all glossaries from all projects updated. For example when translating or validating a project, you see a term which needs to be put in glossary. You can’t add it to just that project if it’s a very general term. You have to put it to all glossaries. Yoı choose a projects glossary as primary glossary and update it, export it and import it every project you’re validating.
- A single glossary for all projects
- Import functionality betweeen glossaries
- Inheritance (When you create a glossary you choose a parent and with this it contains all the terms of parent glossary)
TL;DR -> title ^ ^
Is it possible to make GlotPress dashboard a little bit more useful? Like showing active projects and their statuses to validator like this: http://imgur.com/Bh2Kg1x
It’s hard to track all the projects. I have to check every project to see if there is new or waiting translations. Just WordPress Core has 6 active projects (3 themes, WordPress, Administration and Network). There is mobile projects, plugins etc. It’ll be a handy feature if implemented.
Version 3.9-fr_FR shipped with a set a bad strings (slippery fingers, honest mistake, but still). I compiled a new archive with the corrected strings, but how can I make sure the translation files are getting pushed to users who have already upgraded to 3.9?
Noticed a bug (?) while editing translation of BuddyPress here http://translate.wordpress.org/projects/buddypress/dev/ru/default
Not all untranslated strings are showed. How did I found that:
1) went through all untranslated strings,
2) exported the po file of everything ru_RU
3) opened in Poedit and noticed that some strings appeared to be untranslated, although they are not listed under Untranslated filter in GlotPress.
4) translated them in Poedit and imported into GlotPress
5) got the message that 16 new strings were translated.
So in general – untranslated strings were not showing under Untranslated filter in Glotpress.
If some of you know I’m working on GlotPress and since it’s getting more activity I would love to setup a biweekly meeting. If you would love to help out by sharing ideas or maybe contributing back then please leave a message at http://blog.glotpress.org/2014/02/28/since-we-gain-a-bit-more-activity-lately/.
I just translated 125 terms to Arabic for GlotPress Development. please validate http://translate.wordpress.org/projects/glotpress/dev/ar/default
There is still not 3.8 project for WP in GlotPress. When correcting a typo in 3.8.x, should I use 3.7 or Trunk?
Hi there. I have a few questions and issues that we’re trying to sort out over at vi.wordpress.org and
- On sites like http://ja.wordpress.org and http://es.wordpress.org there are welcome sections that I cannot figure out how to add into the Vietnamese site. There are only two users on the site right now, and we’re both Editors, and I’m not sure how page templates and/or front page content is set. Can you point me to some information on this?
- Do you have a list of validators for Vietnamese, or is there somewhere I can see it? The validators for the language at the moment should be me (philiparthurmoore), Tran Ngoc Tuan Anh (fitwp), and Buy Huy Thang (gsmeanspro). I thought I could control this from within the vi.wordpress.org Dashboard under Users, but it doesn’t seem to be related.
- We’re planning on creating a P2 for Vietnamese translators to chat with each other. Is there anything in place on the .org side of things to facilitate this directly on the .org site for Vietnamese or should I instead just set up a P2 elsewhere? I’m fine with either solution.
Thanks in advance!
Any news on the string count issue from last year’s thread: http://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/2012/05/29/i-am-using-poedit-for-testing-localization-and/#comment-13497 — The issue is still there for the main .pot file (for example de_DE.po). GlotPress here http://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp/dev says there are 1782 strings, but when I do a .po file export for any language from there my .po file always only has 1759 strings.
Still no reason why this is and what’s causing it? In last year’s comment thread @sergeybiryukov mentioned a list of different strings. What are those different strings this time for 3.8
J’ai passé un bon moment à revoir, corriger, uniformiser et améliorer la consistance de la traduction de bbPress
Mais je ne sais pas comment valider les modifications?
Je connais bien d’autres systèmes de traduction tels que Transifex avec lequel j’ai traduit en français Disqus, pUpload et Elgg.org, mais GlotPress? comment obtenir les droits de relecteur?
Merci à toute la communauté
I have been asked by Min Wei to translate a project on Glotpress, but i can’t log in. Can you please help? Thanks.