[This is all moved to the translator's handbook. Please go there for more information.]
When you first start translating WordPress into your localized version there are a few steps you need to take. This page will help you guide through the process and give you as much steps as possible.
- The first step is to visit the International WordPress Sites page on the Codex. This will outline what you will need to do to get the process started. You will need svn access too, so if you’re not yet familiair with that, here’s an introduction in svn.
- Find your project in GlotPress and request to be added as commiter here on this site.
- Start translating
- Translate the appropriate core files into your language. You can find those which files need translating on this Codex page.
- If you also plan to use a localized version of a forum you additionally need to translate those pot files.
- Building your localized version [more info later]