@otto42: Can you get rid of the make.wordpress.org/events blog? We pushed it into /community a long time ago, but the site is still there, and people still wind up there and leave comments that no one responds to.
Updates from August, 2014 Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts
- Last week we finished triaging the General component.
- This week we quickly went through the Codex component.
- Then we did a quick run through of the Theme Directory component to ensure @Otto42 has a list of things to work on in his rewrite.
- Finally, we looked at the make.wordpress.org / P2 component.
We’d love some feedback on #30. That is, anyone interested in creating better theme preview data, it’d be great to have it submitted to the ticket. There’s a current proposal that could use some feedback as well.
@jenmylo: For #482, will the training team be using their P2 or using the community P2? They’ve been using the community one recently. If they’ll continue to use the community P2, we can wontfix that ticket.
Next week (Friday at 17:00 UTC), we’ll be looking at the Plugins Directory component (I won’t be present).
We did a meta trac triage on Friday.
- @Clorith, @coffee2code, @georgestephanis, @iandunn, @otto42, @samuelsidler attended
- We’ll be doing another meta trac triage exactly a week later on May 16, 2014 17:00 UTC.
- Our focus this time (and next) was on the General component in trac and closing out some of the issues. We made it through about half of the tickets in that component (20) and a handful were fixed.
- @otto42 wants to ask anyone and everyone for help with responsive fixes for WordPress.org (#461)
- A number of tickets need follow up. Some have been assigned so we know who’s on point. I’m taking a number of others.
Those interested, we’ll see you next week!
Trunk’s current readme does point to 2.6 as the stable tag.
Today, on Thanksgiving, I’m thankful that this is just a minor bugfix point release that slipped out early, and everything that changed in it should be safe and good to have deployed. However, users that upgrade to or install it via their dashboard, or download the zip are still getting told that it’s a beta release, which can certainly scare users.
I’m going to be trying to do whitespace commits to some of the readme.txt files, hoping to glitch it back to being correct again.
Hey guys, this is something we’ve discussed many times in the past and.. what can I say. It’s close to our hearts.
To recap, the plan of action was to…
- Collect all threads and rooms within each of the apps forums (ex.: ios.forums.wordpress.org). I know @nacin had made some progress on this.
- Create a new subforum here on WordPress.org titled “Mobile Apps” or similar.
- Import each forum as a sub-forum of “Mobile Apps”
- Mobile group to manually go through and add cross-platform threads (like FAQs, the plugin blacklist, general how-tos).
If I remember correctly we figured we could start with a forum that has extremely low traffic to see how that goes, say the Nokia app’s forum (an app that’s in hibernation).
What do you think? Does this fit in on the road map?
A while back on September 11, @andreamiddleton tried to import the /events blog into the /community blog since we were merging teams. She hit a bug/error/some kind of blocker in the import and reported it. @nacin and @otto42 said they’d look into the weird encoding issues. It wasn’t a priority, sure, but in the meantime we’re double-posting stuff and we still haven’t truly merged the groups. Could someone see if this can be figured out?
@otto42: @iandunn posted a plugin on trac for the /community team site 5 weeks ago. Could that get added, or if it’s not ready could you tell him what he needs to change? It’s a bottleneck for some stuff we want to do on our team site to make it easier for groups working on separate projects. Thanks!
In anticipation of the 3.6 release, the docs team added function references in the Codex in April for 37 functions and a filter that now need to be deleted.
We’ve already had one report of a “missing” function on Trac. For now, I’ve just deleted all of the content in those pages, but they’re obviously still showing up in searches.
Can one of you elevate my privileges in the Codex and/or take care of deleting these? The list of pages is here: https://gist.github.com/DrewAPicture/6141436
@otto42: Could you add in a menu under the header to the spinoff of p2 you are running for the make sites? Working on a new theme for make sites in general, but in the meantime this would make it easier for teams to use a custom menu to organize stuff without adding more noise to the sidebar.
They added a menu like this to Mike Admas’s team’s p2 at Automattic:
Tacked on top of content area like that and just using the standard colors/fonts already in this theme would be great.
p.s. autocomplete for author mentions doesn’t seem to be working?