WordCamp New Organizer Mentorship Program – Week 5
We’re in the final stretch of putting this program together and in the next week will be adding draft documentation, applications, and more to the plan.wordcamp.org site! Launch is anticipated in early February, just in time for the start of WordCamp season.
Soon you’ll see a new tab at plan.wordcamp.org with the following items:
- about the program, how it works
- expectations for mentors and mentees
- a mentor application (mentee application will be served only after a new organizer is approved by Andrea)
- mentor and mentee feedback forms
- a “match” page, that shows who current mentor/mentee matches are
- link to the P2 for mentors that sits at make.wordpress.org/events
- link to make.wordpress.org/events, as this is where ongoing updates from the group running this program will go
We did decide that ongoing it’ll be nice to have a group in charge of this program. At the start, the current committee is going to keep track of it, including reviewing applications and making matches and monitoring feedback.
Back to building the program!