Review WordCamp Guidelines Committee Update
We’ve taken a few weeks to get into the swing of things. We’ve been tasked with:
- looking at the current WordCamp guidelines to go over pain points and come up with a list
- reaching out to organizers to solicite feedback
- taking a look at any guidelines issues and comparing the issues to the reasons behind the guidelines
- putting together our recommendations
Here’s an update of what we’ve done so far:
- Divided guidelines into 4 main topics: tickets and finances, venue, sponsors, vetting
- Reviewed current guidelines in those sections
- Complied a list of WordCamp organizers to send surveys to
We’re in the process of:
- compiling a short survey that fits into the main topics: tickets and finances, venue, sponsors, vetting
In the coming weeks we will be sending an initial survey to our list of WC organizers.
We’ll put the results together from this first survey, analyze the feedback, and work on a more detailed survey to dig into the pain points that we discover.