Thanks to everyone who attended the devhub chat! Here’s what we discussed:
I’ve been throughout the issues on github and marked any that are devhub related. There aren’t that many. If I’ve missed any let me know.
- @coffee2code ran the parser for WP 4.0 (thanks!)
- the workflow has been implemented for editing parsed content in the code reference. If anyone wants to help test let us know.
- parsed content has been moved to metadata so the main post editing area can be used for curated content
- lots of the code reference archive pages need some sort of filter to allow users to only pull up the information they need. Opened ticket 601
- @siobhan to write user contributed notes content
- @coffee2code is working on implementing voting
The Great Migration
We’re approaching the point at which we can migrate content from the Codex to the code reference. Some considerations:
- all code reference pages in the Codex will need to be redirected to their equivalent page in the code reference.
- we’ll need to develop a style guide for formatting explanations. I’ve opened a ticket for discussion of it 602
- we’ll need to develop a workflow for moving content over from the Codex
No outstanding technical issues. @samuelsidler is working on migrating the content.