|Project Name||Lead||Weekly Chat||Documents||Stage|
|Front-end Editor||@avryl||June 10, 2014 17:00 UTC in #WordPress-ui||P2 posts||development|
|WP API||@rmccue||June 10, 2014 0:00 UTC in #WordPress-dev||GSoC posts, O2 group||development|
|Media Grid||@shaunandrews||June 13, 2014 17:00 UTC in #WordPress-ui||O2 posts, P2 posts||design|
|Press This||@michael-arestad||June 11, 2014 16:00 UTC in #WordPress-ui||O2 posts||design|
|Admin Help||@trishasala, @Clorith||June 9, 2014 17:30 UTC in #WordPress-sfd||overview, P2 posts||planning|
|Image Flow||@siobhan||July 25, 2014 18:00 UTC in Google Hangout||P2 posts, Gitter Chat Room, Google Folder||ux research|
Are things missing? Let @samuelsidler know. The various stages of feature development are:
- Canceled: After investigation – and perhaps after design and development – this feature was canceled. Such features can be picked up in the future, if desired.
- On hold: For one reason or another, this project has been put on hold until a later date.
- Investigating: An idea isn’t quite ready to start scoping. Perhaps this idea isn’t meant to be a feature plugin or perhaps it’s just too large of a feature that needs to be scoped into smaller pieces.
- Planning: Deciding the scope of a feature plugin.
- Design: Scope determined and overview document made; design work being actively explored though not set yet.
- Development: Design more-or-less complete and development work in progress.
- Feedback: Design implemented as a plugin, now working on gathering feedback and addressing it, as well as polishing the feature. Answering the question “Should we include this in core?”
These features have graduated from a feature plugin to being in core. The list is maintained to provide a better overview of the process for new and upcoming feature plugins.
|Widgets Customizer||@westonruter||Final Proposal, P2 posts||3.9|
|DASH||@lessbloat, @joen||Final Proposal, P2 posts||3.8|
|MP6||@iammattthomas||Final Proposal, P2 posts||3.8|
|THX38||@matveb||Final Proposal, overview, P2 posts||3.8|
|Widgets Area Chooser||@shaunandrews||Final Proposal, make/ui posts, make core posts||3.8|
Inactive Feature Plugins
These feature plugins are no longer being worked on.
|Project Name||Lead||Weekly Chat||Documents|
|Pages & Menus Merge||discussion|
|The Search Initiative||@georgestephanis||overview, P2 posts|
|Featured Content||@wonderboymusic||overview, P2 posts|