We had a great discussion yesterday during office hours. I’m excited to say that we’ve found our direction.
We’ll only be focusing on changes to nav-menus.php for now.
I just posted an updated diff containing some of the ideas we discussed.
Remaining Tasks (already assigned to someone)
Test theme locations as checkboxes (@jkudish volunteered to code this up). Note: we decided to leave widgets as checkboxes out.
- Menu selection dropdown should show location(s) it is used in (@DrewAPicture offered to tackle this)
A round of user tests on 23119.23.diff, plus additional testing once “theme locations as checkboxes” and the accordion code is ready
- Updated copy for help tabs (both manage, and add/edit screen) (@DrewAPicture will oversee this)
- Updated copy for http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Menu_User_Guide (@DrewAPicture will oversee this)
- Updated copy for http://codex.wordpress.org/Appearance_Menus_Screen (@DrewAPicture will oversee this)
Remaining Tasks (still needing a volunteer)
- Code up menu item boxes as an accordion for us to test (similar in style to customizer).
- Code reviews (multiple people please )
- RTL testing
- Browser compatibility testing
- No JS testing
Comment below if you’re interested in helping out. Thanks!