Team Gandalf Update

Yesterday marked the halfway point of our second cycle. We’re moving along at a steady clip. The main goal for the coming week is to tie up any loose ends and begin integrating the plugin into core. Until then, follow our progress at #19910 and in the plugin repo.

We’ve made considerable progress in the past week. We completed a first pass for menu locations and have almost all of the elements we need for custom backgrounds (all that remains is the file upload dialog and fixing the color picker). We also added the ability to alter/choose a static front page within the customization (as decided in dev chat yesterday). Under the hood, we’ve made numerous improvements including working APIs (including rendering controls, previewing, and saving) for theme_mods and options, proper handling of multidimensional IDs, and a whole bunch of bug fixes.